Manual & Computerised Bookkeeping Award
Aim: This course provides learners with knowledge of manual bookkeeping systems & procedures. It aims to equip the learner with the skills to set up and maintains a computerised accounts systems. This course can be delivered using QuickBooks, Sage or TAS Accounting software.
Manual Book keeping
Module 1 - Books of Original Entry
Module 2 - Double Entry Book- keeping
Module 3 - Completing Ledger Accounts
Module 4 - Preparing Financial Accounts
Computerised Book keeping
- Set up Supplier accounts and details.
- Enter purchases invoices.
- Enter supplier payments.
- Allocate payments to invoices.
- Prepare remittance advices.
- Generate aged creditors listing.
- Read and understand purchases/suppliers reports.
- Set up Customer accounts and details.
- Enter Sales/customers invoices.
- Set up Products/Items and Services.
- Generate Sales Invoices- using computerised system.
- Enter customers receipts.
- Allocate receipts to invoices.
- Generate aged Debtors.
- Prepare Customers statements.
- Read and understand Debtors/Sales reports.
Module 3 - Cash Books
- Set up Bank Accounts, Petty Cash and Credit Card Accounts.
- Enter cash payments.
- Enter Receipts/ Sales.
- Complete computerised bank reconciliation.
- Read and understand Cash reports.
Module 4 - Nominal Ledger & Reporting
- Understand the Nominal Ledger.
- Prepare Bi Monthly Vat report.
- Prepare & understand Profit & Loss account.
- Prepare & understand Balance Sheet.
- Year end procedures.
- Back up and Restore Data.
In order to obtain certification it is necessary to undertake a computerised assessment on day 4 of the course. The duration of this is 2 hours and will assess the computerised component of the course.
A manual assessment will be undertaken as a project/case study which can be completed at home and must be submitted at the end of the course.
Upon successful completion of this course learners will be awarded QQI/FETAC Certificate Level 5, component module 5N1354
For further information download this file:
Manual & Computerised Bookkeeping Award 5N1354